Groups of hosting services
A hosting solution refers to saving and/or sharing given web content on a server managed by a hosting company. There are various kinds of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's have a glimpse at these. In that way, you can pick what you need, depending on whether you desire to create a web site, email addresses, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service furnished by particular firms, which enables you to share immense files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage solutions frequently include advertisements next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a certain stretch of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a totally inappropriate interpretation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would split the load between autonomous stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a kind of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given corporations provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting variant is good if you want to share a great amount of pics with mates or associates since the service is generally free. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to tackling your e-mail aliases. Some firms offer web hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an email solution. If you wish to have an email address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can set up electronic mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video file produces a specific amount of CPU load, so with a couple of videos and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have a problem with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video will allow you to manage as many videos as you would like without hassling about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to keep a web site. To a certain degree, it embodies all of the aforementioned hosting groups since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and email aliases, upload videos, etc. At Exclusive Hosting, for instance, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that enable you to have all of the aforesaid services in one place. There may be limitations based on the type of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the routine email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for specific content only.